Most of us have probably heard the phrase ‘change is an inside job’, but how many of us actually do it? Today’s guest believes that we overcomplicate the process of positive change. You already know what steps you need to take. It’s just a matter of removing the obstacles that are preventing you from getting there. James Quandahl is an author, speaker, and performance coach who is all about complete life balance; how to make sure that all of your buckets, the foundational pillars of true, lasting health, are filled up in harmony. In this episode, we take you through some positive reframing exercises that will help you pick through your previous life history so you can determine the skills and values that you can then apply to a new path, a new career, a new hobby, interest, or pastime, and excel at it with a newly evolved sense of self-awareness. We also speak candidly about our own personal stories and journeys, given the dramatic career shifts that both Andrés and James have made, and how positive reframing has made all the difference. Tune in today to learn more as James Quandahl explores self-fulfillment and creating complete life balance with a positive outlook!
Key Points From This Episode:
- We start the episode talking about our preferred dark chocolate brands.
- Why James doesn’t recommend the ‘healthy substitution game’; just eat the pizza!
- Hear his favorite saying when it comes to healthy food: you are what the food you eat eats.
- The power of the Cordyceps mushroom and increasing interest in wild mushroom foraging.
- Why it’s important to consider the carbon footprint of the food you eat, hunt, or forage.
- What James calls the foundational health pillars of a well rounded life, including nutrition, sleep, and physical exercise.
- The seven buckets on Zig Ziglar’s Wheel of Life (spiritual, intellectual, physical, family, social, financial, and career) and how to balance them.
- James emphasizes the roles that the journey and goal-setting play in complete life balance.
- The benefits of creating space to truly disconnect, get bored, and dream about the future.
- Hear about James’ morning routine and how he prevents his devices from ruling his day.
- How to foster a creative mindset rather than a reactive one by scheduling your distractions.
- Advice for building self-discipline; replace rather than remove the things you enjoy.
- How James cultivated self-awareness and navigated a difficult career transition.
- James highlights the effort required to find your purpose; you have to put in the work!
- Some of the ways to relax in an active capacity rather than a passive capacity.
- The value of choosing to do what you want to do every day and owning your choices.
- James challenges listeners to imagine their dream life and write it down.
- How to create a discipline of visualizing and manifesting the things you want.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The James Quandahl Show
James Quandahl on LinkedIn
James Quandahl on Twitter
James Quandahl on Instagram
There’s No Plan B for your A-Game
So Good They Can’t Ignore You
Skip the LineSupport the show