Today’s guest on the Know Your Physio Podcast is Dr. Azza Halim, a board-certified anesthesiologist with a broad background in the anti-aging field who has an extremely unique perspective that blends eastern and western medicine. We had the opportunity to take a deep dive on several topics in today’s episode, including the preventive nature of functional medicine, the relationship between animal fats and skin health, and the dangers of intermittent fasting, as well as getting enough sunlight and vitamin D3 without increasing your risk of skin cancer. During the course of our conversation, Dr. Halim shares her aim to create and implement an overall plan that will enable her patients to achieve complete mass rejuvenation by focusing on their internal health to complement external beauty. Tuning in, you’ll find out more about Dr. Halim’s total wellness approach, which includes beauty and skincare, and why she believes that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to healthcare, plus so much more! We hope you will join us for this fascinating and in-depth discussion about integrative medicine.
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to Dr. Azza Halim, what she does, and how her career has evolved.
- How functional medicine, which Dr. Halim describes as an ‘east meets west lifestyle’, is more preventative than conventional medicine.
- The personal circumstances that motivated her to pursue such extensive experience.
- Find out why she makes use of sub-speciality testing for her patients.
- Where Dr. Halim believes her interest in integrative medicine began.
- How is able to offer patients an entire wellness picture that includes beauty and skincare.
- Learn more about the relationship between internal health and external beauty.
- Dr. Halim reflects on the role that cholesterol and animal fats play in the health of your skin.
- Why proper supplementation is important when we can’t eat a whole food, non-GMO diet.
- Healthy saturated fats and skin health, particularly when it comes to elasticity and hydration.
- Hear Dr. Halim’s opinion on intermittent fasting and why she believes moderation is best.
- How to get enough sunlight and vitamin D3 without increasing your risk of skin cancer.
- Learn why you should be wearing sunblock both outdoors and indoors.
- Dr. Halim on melanin, circadian rhythms, and adequate protection from skin cancer.
- Melatonin, magnesium, and supplementation; why Dr. Halim recommends specific products.
- Omega 3, 6, and 9 and polyunsaturated fatty acids for skin health and cardiac health.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Dr. Azza Halim
Dr. Azza Halim on Instagram
Episode 19 with Dr. Jay Khorsandi
Know Your Physio PodcastSupport the show