Today, we hear from Dasha Maximov, the Founder and CEO of WhealthCo, a Member of the Board of Advisors at Sana Health, Former COO at The Health Optimisation Summit, and a former masters student at UCL, the number one program for Masters in Neuroscience in the world. After shifting away from management consulting and into academia in 2017 with an ultimate goal to #sharethewhealth, Dasha experienced a traumatic brain injury that left her with chronic headaches for more than 14 months. When specialists couldn’t find a solution, Dasha took matters into her own hands and began to biohack her mind and body. From yoga teacher training to 10-day Vipassana silent retreats, nootropics, and more, Dasha witnessed firsthand the beauty of every modality and discovered how each can become a tool in the toolbox of our health. In this episode, we discuss how women have historically been underrepresented in scientific data and why Dasha believes it’s important that women leverage the powerful data they have at their fingertips every month: their menstrual cycle. Learn how to track your cycle with precision, adapt your habits and behaviors to your benefit, and find the strength in softness along your personal health evolution journey, plus so much more! Dasha has personally experienced the power of becoming informed about your health and leaning on your community to help elevate and give clues as to what to try next, so make sure not to miss this enlightening inquiry into her journey! Join us today.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Dasha shares the story of why she decided to take her health into her own hands.
- Why she encourages her clients to start with their pain points; don’t follow the influencers!
- Blending a qualitative approach with quantitative data.
- How women are historically underrepresented in scientific data; Dasha’s ‘aha’ moment.
- The importance of tracking your cycle as a woman and using that data to your benefit.
- Learning how to track your cycle with precision and the value of DUTCH (Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormone) testing.
- Dasha’s approach to educating on the unique biorhythms that women have.
- The four phases of the menstrual cycle: menstruation, follicular, ovulation, and luteal.
- Some of the benefits of tracking your basal body temperature throughout your cycle.
- The surprising reason women crave chocolate at certain times in their cycle; magnesium.
- Dasha on what her research has shown about the value of continuous glucose monitoring.
- Find out why Dasha says that we are just complicated plants that move; the impact of travel.
- How women can help their male counterparts better understand and address their needs.
- Discover why safety is of the utmost importance for women for a healthy hormonal cycle.
- How being a woman in a man’s world impacts our mindset about hormones, birth control, pregnancy, and menstruation.
- Adopting a both-and mindset and understanding the crucial importance of timing.
- Learn about Dasha’s upcoming women’s biohacking retreats in the Dominican Republic.
- What she means when she says: test, assess, address, don’t guess.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Dasha Maximov on LinkedIn
Dasha Maximov on Instagram
Clue Period Tracker
My Flo Tracker
The Conscious Bar
Support the show